Hide your women and children
I have a fellow bloggers that are in their youthful & prime 40s&50s and it’s always intriguing why they say they want a good man but yet they cannot find one. I just assumed these ladies have too high of a standard and unreal expectations. After all, good men are everywhere, aren’t they? I think I’m a good guy, all my buddies are good guys, all the spouses of my wife’s friends are good guys…what is the problem? They are everywhere. What’s wrong with these single women who can’t seem to find the right one?
My blog is actually a Part 2 to this person’s blog. My response was getting too long and I didn’t want to massacre her page any more than what I’ve already done…lol
The only possible red flag I see is the line, “… I try to go to Brazil twice a year to see them(family). I hope that my partner will come with me.” because it seems to imply she wants her date to come visit her MOTHER, FATHER, & rest of her family in Brazil. Some guys flee at the thought of hanging out with the “in-laws”, some may not. But still, it’s no reason why there is virtually no interest in this genuine and honest profile.
Star is currently among my top 5favorite Brazilians: Anderson Silva, Lyota Machida, Wandeli Silva, Vitor Belfort, & this blogger who claims she does NOT have any birthmark on her forehead. I read her blog and my automatic reaction was, “oh boy, we got another one here with high standards, it’s not that she doesn’t have suitors, she is probably rejecting every single one of them”…lol. Is it really possible for a beautiful Brazilian woman to struggle so much to find a good date? What if she just lowered her standards?
Most people that read my blog are also aware of my friend, Big Ben. My friends and I want him married ASAP because we want him to hang out with us when we plan big family trips to Sesame place, Crayola Factory, Great wolf lodge, etc. Ben wants to hang out with us on weekends, we want to hang out with him on weekends, but it can be very awkward with presence of a lone middle aged 6’3” single guy hanging out in these family venues. He needs to get married ASAP, get some kids of his own, and we can all hang out. After getting few feedbacks from my fellow bloggers, I am faced with a reality that big Ben might not be “normal”. The one last saving grace is, normal to what? I think it should be graded on a curve.
So I went off and did some data collection to answer two questions:
middle aged mature adultslightly-seasoned women have a real challenge when it comes to finding a “good” man?
- Is Ben normal?
Following table lists all the data points I collected, with some help from Larry and Moe. All the sampling data was collected in my work campus.
- Sample1: He is a recent divorcee and a roommate to Ben. He is an electrical engineer by day and a full time video gamer by night. He is currently fighting evil in nightmare mode of Diablo3
- Sample2: His wife recently left him and she moved back to Texas. He is the 2nd roommate of Ben and is also an electrical engineer by day and a video gamer by night. He is also currently battling ghouls & zombies in nightmare mode of Diablo3
- Sample3: Big Ben (man that needs no introduction). Also a gamer playing Diablo3
- Sample4: He is a director of one of the engineering branches here. He wears flip/flops to work, has untrimmed toe nails, and plays video game called Eve online, ALL day and night.
- Sample5: looks really normal from top to his shin. He goes above and beyond logic and practicality. He is a perfectly healthy, in low 40s, but wears orthopedic shoes (figure1)! He reasons it’s very comfortable and the Velcro make it easy to get in/out of. He takes it as a complement when somebody says, “Hey, those shoes look RIDICULOUSLY comfortable”
- Sample6: Another perfectly normal looking guy, until he becomes Bruce Lee in a team meetings (figure2). He twirls nunchuks in the back of the room, while we are going over reports and figures…
- Sample7: Comes in drunk every Monday morning, has his driver’s license revoked for DWI, & lives with his parents
- Sample8: has been eating nothing but peanut butter&jelly sandwich for last 20years at work. He doesn’t talk much either.
- Sample9: He is depressed, has very low self esteem, alcoholic, and grossly overweight.
- Sample10: He is very fashionable and wears interesting looking top hat every day. His perfectly manicured finger nail says it all.
- Sample11: sex addict level1: All he talks about is sex, it’s near impossible to have any regular conversation with him.
- Sample12: sex addict level2: This person works in the deepest darkest “dungeon” of my building. He works down there alone and he does his own thing. On his desk, he has pictures of himself with what seems to be a stripper; his hands are “covering” her mammary glands. His screensaver has similar theme.
- Sample13: sex addict level3: Group of colleagues would be having an interesting conversation, when all of a sudden, a nice looking woman walks by. He completely shuts off from the conversation; he turns around to check out her behind, he tilts his head to almost horizontal, and drools. I have personally witnessed the drooling from this man.
- Sample14: He works in the manufacturing building. He is very confident and does excellent job with all our hardware. He is a stud, athletic, loves sports, drives a Jeep Wrangler, and has no trouble finding dates. In fact, women are lined up every weekend to go out with this guy! His only issue is he belongs on a very special peer generated list. The list is titled, “top 10 most likely people that will go postal”. It’s meant to be kind of funny but there is definitely some bit of truth to it. He definitely has some kind of emotional problem and sometimes on the verge of just “exploding”.
- Sample15: Another guy that has no problem getting dates. He has been married at least 3times & has about 7 kids that he knows of, by different women.
- Sample16: He has pretty good success of finding dates, but he is piss poor from buying them lavish gifts. He is another one that lives with his parents.
- Sample17: He is located in my building and is his early 40’s. Smart, good looking, & he just broke off his engagement with his longtime girlfriend, actually his girlfriend broke it off. He wanted to have an “open” style marriage where you are permitted to cheat, with permission. His fiancé freaked out and said no-way. He also has this mentality that if he buys dinner, then the date has to go all the way with him. Really? This is the current standard?
I was disappointed that I couldn’t find anyone that was worthy to marry my fictitous daughter. Actually, I take that back, I would consider all the video game guys :), they remind too much of myself…lol
In closing I would like to say the following:
To all you single
mature slightly-seasoned adult ladies looking for mature adult men:
Unless you like video gamers, it looks really bad. I really tried to look for a good prospect to even out the result, but it was just one bad sampling after another. Probability does not look good and I can see why you are having such a hard time finding a keeper. Good luck finding the one needle in a haystack, and best of luck avoiding those professional daters. I can seriously see how adopting a pet and living alone would be MUCH better choice than being with some of the said guys from the table.
To all you married folks who are considering cheating on your current spouse for reason other than abuse:
Idea might be tempting and grass might look so green on the other side. But that patch of grass might only be a sod, as soon as you lift it up you may not like what you see. It’s a HUGE gamble and odds are well stacked against you. Fights over money, kids, nagging, dirty dishes, leaving dirty laundry on the floor, toilet seat lid is nothing compared to what’s out there. Try to forgive & forget and just try to remember back to why you married him/her in the first place 🙂
To all you lucky husbands out there…lol. You may want to present the data to you wife and tell her she should be so lucky….lol. I know I will 🙂 Ummm, actually, you better not, you’ll get your ass beat.
Last but not least, big Ben is looking pretty normal to me 🙂