The versatile blogger award
Now here is something that doesn’t happen to me every day. Went for a stroll the other day, came back, and this is what I found in my blogger inbox…lol.
I am actually very thrilled to receive this cool recognition because its from a fellow blogger whom I respect tremendously. All his blogs are well thought out, humorous, and certainly inspirational. Thank you “Mr. About me” for the nomination. His blog address is:
Now on with the rules and requirements of this recognition:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Okay, now it my turn to nominate 15 bloggers! I am going to select bloggers based on the amount of impact they had on my blog. If this award is new to you, then congratulations! you certainly earned it. If you are so good and are familiar with these types of nominations/recognitions, well it is just another confirmation from one of your followers to re-affirm how good you are. Here they are in no particular order. <Drum roll please>:
1. Cookiemomma: http://cookiemomma.wordpress.com
One of my most favorite bloggers bar none!! Lots of credit to cookiemomma for the dramatic evolution of my blog site. Intelligent writer, thoughtful commenter, and she is going to make me a superstar among other moms at next kid’s b’day party. Wait till I unleash my new learned knowledge on cakes and cookies, to rest of these soccer moms. Oh and, yes, there is a big difference between a soccer mom and a cookiemomma 🙂
2. Fela2fela: http://fela2fela.wordpress.com
This blogger’s material is nothing like you’ve ever seen in the blog world. It’s mostly based on random thoughts and dreams and it just pulls you in. Many occasions when I read the blog, it stimulates my old memory bank in my head, and brings it out in full force. You also got to pay attention to all the pictures with the stories because they intertwine so flawlessly. This particular blog is my favorite story. The mother’s reply is what adds to the “drama” of the story. http://fela2fela.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/medication/
3. Yibeichen: http://yibeichen.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/stay-at-home-dad/
This blogger may not know this, but Yibei is my first follower and was also my 2000th customer to my site…lol. Very creative with design and very smart. This link is my favorite blog from Yibei’s site. I found myself saying a mouthful on the comment section…lol
4. LifeWorthLiving: http://mylifeworthliving.com
I love underdog story, and what can you say about a gal that was singing “welcome to the jungle” with her daddy when she was small. She has about one more month to go before being reunited with the love of her life.
5. Mari Sanchez Cayuso: http://marisancayuso.wordpress.com
Definitely a “heavy weight” when it comes to poetry writing. Some of them are pretty intense and some will just relax you like warm summer breeze. And all her comments are just as beautiful.
6. DianeO: http://diane-owens.com/
She just completed her 100 straight days of pretty impressive blogging. They are all intended to be thought provoking and she has a very lively audience with good interactions. She is a hippie sorta person and she recently wrote about her relationship with her very Republican father, and was just perfect.
7. Ignitemenow: http://ignitemenow.wordpress.com
This blogger has a style of writing that will charge you up every time you read it. I often say it’s a direct replacement for my morning coffee.
8. Dana: http://serenescribe.wordpress.com
Soooo fun! You can instantly get to know her really well by reading her blogs. Fun, loving, daddy’s little girl, humorous, and currently the Queen of one liners 🙂 Visit her “favorite blog” page and you’ll see what she is all about. Anybody that ever wrote bad response to her is an ass.
9. Stephanie Romero: http://stephaniesromero.blogspot.com/
God only knows it’s difficult to understand and comprehend what can possible be going thought my wife’s head. This blogger has some very wise advice and stories to help me be a more understanding husband.
10. JustWords: http://kzackuslheureux.wordpress.com/
I didn’t think it’s was possible to find somebody that loves camping more than I do. Lots of great articles on outdoor related stuff and some bit of controversial stuff, but it’s all good.
11. Diane Henders: http://blog.dianehenders.com
An author, business owner, public speaker, gear head, computer nerd, Harley rider, car enthusiast, etc… are you kidding me? You think this person knows a thing or two about getting things done? Truly inspirational and probably the next biggest celebrity I’ve known since Willie G. Davidson 🙂
12. Donna on Palawan: http://donnaonpalawan.wordpress.com/
I guess when you live in paradise and eat natural foods; you get the result you see on her webpage. Can’t thank her enough for nudging me to write a letter to my wife. As soon as I was done writing it, it just felt right.
13. Shawna: http://rosemarymint.wordpress.com
Wonderful poet and a partner in crime to an awesome blogger that tagged me with all this. Don’t know how she got left out of the original nomination but certainly deserving of it for sure. You and your husband are wonderful people and your websites are a great reflection of your personalities.
14. Heart of a Mother’s prayers: http://heartofamothersprayers.wordpress.com/
Another great blog to help me understand my wife better. I think this blog caused me to give my wife some hugs, that I normally wouldn’t have done 🙂
15. xoEvelynOrtizHasSpoken: http://xoevelynortizhasspoken.wordpress.com
Recently stumbled on this gem of a writer. Great interaction with followers and great material. I’m tell you folks, this blogger is going places, I recommend jumping on the bandwagon early 🙂
7things about me
- I was a stay home dad for about 1.5years and she threw me out.
- Best job I ever had: Project engineer for Harley Davidson motorcycles. How cool is it to work side by side with Willie G. Davidson!
- Worst job I ever had: working at a local pet shop at $3.75/hr cleaning reptiles, rats, mice, creepy bugs. I had to quit because I broke out into hives when I mishandled a giant rat and it got on my arm and started climbing up toward my head. It was the only time I ever screamed like a little school girl.
- All the music I ever need to listen to fits nicely in 2 GB memory card. Consists of Doo-wop, opera, heavy metal, southern rock, & oldies
- Got suspended from high school for almost burning it down, accidently. It was a stupid science experiment gone wrong with other nerds.
- My driveway looks like a used car lot, and my garage looks like a bicycle store.
- If I wasn’t married I’d be playing video games and be completely worthless to the society.